BlogicBlog: View from the trenches

The blog about Java and XML with focus on troubleshooting issues and tools.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Is gmail planning to introduce new domain names?

Permanent article link

I have a gmail account. Today, when I signed in and then signed out, I suddenly noticed that in the 'username' field it is now showing my full email address. This is instead of just username. So, 'user@gmail.com' instead of just 'user'.

If I am not imagining things and that was the change, then there is only one reason I can guess for that. Gmail is planning to introduce additional domains (as mail.com did) and automatically substituting full address for login is a transition step.

Any guesses on the additional names? Gbrowser anyone?
BlogicBlogger Over and Out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home