BlogicBlog: View from the trenches

The blog about Java and XML with focus on troubleshooting issues and tools.

Friday, February 17, 2006

The good and bad of outsourcing to Russia

Permanent article link

Yakov Fain writes (from experience) about good and bad aspects of Russian programmers for outsourcing.

I left Russia well before American companies thought of trusting russian (or indian) programmers. But I remember the software and ingenious hacks written back then by my friends to work with limited computing resources available. I participated in programming competitions and summer camps, where school kids learned and applied concepts that are only taught on advanced level of university education in other countries.

To this day, I claim to have gone through two different schools of programming. One is Russian and one is Australian. And you shouldn't have to guess (after this article), which one I feel had given me a stronger grounding in what I do daily.

BlogicBlogger Over and Out

3 Comments:

At February 18, 2006 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexandre - dobre vicher. Great post. I appreciate a when people write from their unique perspective. Thanks.

 
At February 18, 2006 11:08 PM, Blogger BlogicBlogger said...

Isn't it what the blog is? Somebody's unique perspective. But I am glad you find mine interesting.

 
At March 15, 2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Saul Bejarano said...

Привиет:
I studied in Russia and Ukraine, as I foreign student I could see and get amazed by the incredible talent and ability of Russian engineers to solve complex issues with just a pencil and a sheet of paper, at the moment I own a consulting company with many requirements on programming that I would like to manage through free lancer programmers, I would like to give the opportunity to young engineers that have not found the right path to work with a firm in Russia and that feel they're talent is misused, I am on demand of Java , Php, C++ and Perl programmers. One of the approaches was to take this to the universities, the second approach is to take it to the street where I know I will be able to find many good engineers, the question is where to post to find them?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home