BlogicBlog: View from the trenches

The blog about Java and XML with focus on troubleshooting issues and tools.

Monday, May 01, 2006

My talk made the top 10 suggestions for JavaOne 2006 Tools

Permanent article link

Dana Nourie lists 10 presentations in tools space that she thinks are worth seeing at JavaOne 2006. My own presentation is there as well (number 7). Guess it struck the chord.

I also have 240+ people booked for my session as of now. No way to tell if that is many or not enough for this stage. But if any of those 240+ are reading this blog, are there any questions on what you would like to know about? While the slides are locked, the Q&A and closing comments are still flexible.

BlogicBlogger Over and Out

2 Comments:

At May 02, 2006 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to your talk. Since we are developing in house applications (pension & life insurance company), my interest is mostly in how we can make applications supportable once they are in our production environment, where we only have limited access to them. Stuff like temporarily enabling debug logs without redeployment, correlating error messages to find root causes, diagnosing distributed, message oriented systems and so on.
However, since we are not delivering software to clients, I'm not very interested in "real" remote maintenance of software.

 
At May 02, 2006 7:48 PM, Blogger BlogicBlogger said...

Niels,

Thanks for the comments. There will certainly be stuff to cover a good portion of your interest. I haven't put any material about enabling/disabling debug logs, but I will double check what I have on it and will have it either in the talk or in the blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home